Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thoughts on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks

For approximately 5 years the social networks have become more and more popular. I personally enjoy talking to my relatives through Facebook, it helps us get in touch with everything. But one thing I don’t like is that the rest of the “world” is in all of your business. We post something up and everyone gives their opinion on the posts. It does make things so much easier to communicate with our loved ones that are far. But I feel that later these things are going to take over our lives. Let me explain myself, I feel that the whole social networking is making us dependent on this. For example my younger sister tells me of how she has tons of friends in Facebook whom she talks with jokes etc. But when she sees these people at school they don’t say a word to each other. And that brings a question to me why? Maybe because in Facebook or other social network you are not face to face with the person and you can tell them anything. I mean in the short run is a very good idea social networking, keeps people close. But I feel that in the long run this can affect our everyday lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment